Lisa's Life

Sunday, October 29, 2006

This weekend I went to my family reunion in Easley, South Carolina. I always enjoy going to see my family. I have such a deep sense of where I come from and an even deeper appreciation for my heritage. We met at George's Creek Baptist church where Mama Dunk went to church and so did my grandma. After lunch we sat down and listened to my cousins/aunts and uncles record a Perry family CD. They sang all the old hymns. Granted I prefer more contemporary songs, but those old hymns made me appreciate not only where I come from but what God means to me. I thought about God and how amazing He is. I thought about how blessed I was to be a part of a family that honored Him in that way. I am from a true southern family and very proud of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home