Lisa's Life

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Last night I went to go see School for Scoundrals. It looked like it was going to be a funny movie and that is the way it was marketed. However, I was hugely disappointed. Not only was I disappointed that it was funny, but it was very disturbing. The extent that people will go to to get back at someone is actually very sick. It crossed the line. Both my friend and I left the theatre feeling sick. Billy Bob Thorton was willing to almost kill this guy...but it was done in the process of everyday life. The movie taught that it is every man for himself and that in the end even your friends will bail out. ...even the people that you thought you could trust. Maybe it bothered me so much b/c I felt like the message wasn't even that positive. It left me with a lot of dissonance that I kept trying to make sense of. It really bothered me....I felt sick! Dont' go see the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home